Author Topic: Standard Double Ocarina  (Read 16761 times)

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
Re: Standard Double Ocarina
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »
The colours on STL's site are accurate. If you ordered the Blue one: http://stlocarina.com/12double1.html, then you'll get the blue one. If you ordered the Green one: http://stlocarina.com/12double2.html, then you'll get the green one.

Phobos

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 17
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »
Well, I am awaiting the arrival of my new double. It is exciting as it will be my first double.

VincentGatlin

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »
Hi guys! I've been playing STL Ocarinas for years, but I'm new to these forums. I have a question! I recently ordered the double 12 hole ocarina with 2 octaves. The F# note on the second chamber will not seem to play in tune. I got the Ocarina around the 8th of this month and I've spent at least an hour a day experimenting with it, and I play along to a tuner, but no matter what I seem to do, it plays way sharper than it should, and almost sounds like a G. I've tried different breath flows, but the only way to get it sound remotely on key is to blow so soft that you can hardly hear the note. I've also tried warming it up, and other pieces of advice I've searched the internet for, and nothing seems to work. Also I use the same exact fingering that the website provides. I was thinking that the ocarina is possibly defective, but it doesn't look that different from the ones that I see pictures of on this forum, aside from the holes not having perfect inner edges, and I'm not even sure if that happens very often or not. I've ordered four other single-chambered ocarinas from STL and they were all perfect, plus I've heard that this company has a good rep with quality of their products, so I don't want to believe it's defective. I'm hoping it's just me, lol.  I reached out to one of the reps on the website, and they had me send a sound sample, which I did, but I immediately got an auto-response email saying they would be out of office until the 20th. I was wondering if maybe there is an alternate fingering for the high F# or something, or if there is any possible advice from anybody here. Maybe somebody else has had this problem and got it figured out? I love this ocarina so much otherwise, and even more so because it was a birthday gift, but you can imagine how frustrating playing the Main theme of Final Fantasy VII might be with a way-too-sharp-F#, lol! Any help would be appreciated, and if I can get it figured out I can just tell the rep I emailed nevermind, lol. I really should have came here first, but I didn't know these forums existed until I explored the site today. XD