Author Topic: Spearhead Tenor Ocarina  (Read 4493 times)

gears

• STL Ocarina Fan
  • Thanks Recieved: 7
Re: Spearhead Tenor Ocarina
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:52 PM »
I love this ocarina and I am surprised there is not more discussion on it. Although it is not the loudest oc out there, it has good intonation and the best ergonomics of any oc I've seen from STL.
Thank you,
Jerry.
Music is magic. It can make the bitterest adversaries tap their toe to the same tune.

Sosa

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:53:48 PM »
Hello! I wanted to purchase the Brown spearhead ocarina this evening, but when I navigated to the ocarina's page there was no "add to cart" button. Does this mean it's not available? If so, major sadface.

Cailin.Rua

• Practice Makes Perfect
    • You Tube
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »
I might get one of these. Looking for a quieter one I can use on roadtrips that won't hurt my fiance's ears in such closed quarters.

Echoingocarina

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 22
  • ^_^
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
I might get one of these. Looking for a quieter one I can use on roadtrips that won't hurt my fiance's ears in such closed quarters.
This one is very nice, and has a lovely tone.
If you're looking for a quieter one I would recommend the DIY (do it youself) Tenor. http://www.stlocarina.com/diy.html
From what I've heard it's one of the quietest ocarinas sold by STL.
Also the Florentine ocarinas have a soft tone as well. http://www.stlocarina.com/flteandsooc.html
Let the music flow from your soul, so that you may play from your heart.

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »
Hello! I wanted to purchase the Brown spearhead ocarina this evening, but when I navigated to the ocarina's page there was no "add to cart" button. Does this mean it's not available? If so, major sadface.

It means it is out of stock.  You may want to email them about it.

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
I heard that people think the Spearhead looks like a liver. :-X

Spacefood

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 07:45:47 PM »
I love mine, sounds great and very comfortable to play!

BreathofLife

• Getting Better!
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
  • Spiritual transcendence through the musical medium
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 02:54:49 AM »
I heard that people think the Spearhead looks like a liver. :-X
:D Ocarinas are strange looking instruments to the layman. My girlfriend said they look like misshapen sexual devices :D :D :D

I think this ocarina is perfect for my needs and previous experience. Will be getting one most likely after the Christmas mail season.

And I do like the look of it, even if it does look somewhat like an internal organ :D
Our songs will live on, and will be sung by our children, and by our children's children. This is how we will be remembered. This is who we were.

Seishou

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 13
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 04:38:24 PM »
Heh, there is an Ocarina I've seen that the creator intentionally made it to look like Lungs. It was basically a dual chamber and finger holes for one hand on each lung part with a bronchial like tube that you blew into. There is one not as much pronounced but same wind tube like structure with holes for each hand, DocJazz4 plays a few songs on it you can find on YouTube.