Author Topic: Interactive Buying Guide  (Read 5225 times)

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
Interactive Buying Guide
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:10:35 PM »
You've been browsing the STL site for hours, trying to find that perfect first ocarina.  With so many sizes and shapes and designs, it is hard to make sense of the number of decisions you need to make. Once you make a decision, how do you know it is the right one? This is especially difficult if you're buying it as a gift.  Well, the purpose of this guide is to at least point you in the right direction.

What is your budget?
Budget makes all the difference because it immediately narrows down what you can and cannot get. Method books cost around $35 and the DVD bundle about $43.  Keep this in mind when making your ocarina selections, otherwise you might go over budget.

Is the ocarina for a Zelda or video game fan?
If you're buying an ocarina for a Zelda fan, there's a good chance you'll want to get a Zelda ocarina.  STL sells a lot of different Zelda themed products and with a budget in mind, it becomes much easier to come to that decision.

Plastic or Clay?
Is this ocarina going to travel?  Is it going to be around small children that may want to use it as a projectile?  Will it be in the hands of a responsible adult that will carry it in a case?  The decision between plastic and ceramic can be difficult.  Plastic is cheaper and much more difficult to break.  There isn't as much variety and plastic ocarinas only come in Soprano and Tenor C. Clay ocarinas tend to sound much better but at the cost of ruggedness.  They also come in more keys and pitch ranges.

Do you need learning materials? 
The STL Method books (and DVD) are meant for use with an ocarina in C.  If you want to make use of these materials, you'll want to make sure you get an ocarina in C.  Also, make sure you purchase the right method book for the ocarina.

What's your skill level?
The most difficult thing to do is self assessment.  Studies show that incompetent people assess themselves higher and competent people assess themselves lower.  It's your call.

Below you will find an interactive buying guide I've put together.  I will try to keep it updated with new STL Ocarinas as they come out.  If your web browser doesn't like it on this page, click the FULL SCREEN option.

YOU CAN FIND THE CATALOG HERE ~Mod

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
Re: Interactive Buying Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »
Oh mai, this is very nice. :D

TheAsianMenace

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
I don't see the guide, it just shows the home page of the forums :X

thrive3:17

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 18
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »
I see the forum home page as well.
•To love another person is to see the face of God ~Les Mis•

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »
looks like this was broken when the forum moved...

rscsadsa

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »
see the forum home page as well.

Gafas Carrera

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 06:24:04 AM »
Thank you, but we know. Carbon hasn't had the time to fix it yet.