Author Topic: Zelda Tenor Ocarina  (Read 21953 times)

Stl. Ocarina

• Administrator
  • Thanks Recieved: 8
    • STL Ocarina
Zelda Tenor Ocarina
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:42:09 PM »
Zelda Tenor Ocarina

Detailed Review
Sound Sample
Size: 5.5 inches / 13.9 cm long
Pitch: A4 to F6 including sharps and flats

Extra Features:
-Free instructional booklet
-Neck strap

PURCHASE LINKS
Collector's Edition Zelda Tenor
with Zelda Songbook, Final Fantasy Songbook and Protective Bag

Standard Zelda Tenor
with Zelda Songbook and Protective Bag

Zelda Tenor and Soprano Ocarina set

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
Re: Zelda Tenor Ocarina
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 05:35:46 PM »
These are so cool.The triforce band around the mouthpiece is perfect! -Desmond

Kalasinar

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:34:12 AM »
I have your standard version of this (with just the one gold triangle on it), and i always thought it would actually look really nice in a kind of forest green colour. With the one triangle on it like that, it reminds me of Link's triforce of courage on his hand in some games, so to me it makes the triforce more specific to Link - so if there was a special ocarina just for Link (not Oc of Time or the Fairy Oc) i would imagine it as green with just his triforce piece on it

...I think i'm waffling on now...

Dennis

• Administrator
  • Thanks Recieved: 15
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 07:03:56 AM »
Hi Kalasinar,

Yeah, I can see how forest green would be cool with the gold triangle.

If I may ask a questions: what do you think of a black zelda tenor ocarina? It would be like the "Dark Link" ocarina replica.

ArcoHarmony

• Hero Staff Member
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »
I love forest green.  That could look really cool!  I'm not familiar with the game (other than Phantom Hourglass that I played a little bit) so I don't know where it fits in, but it sounds cool to me.
"It's about the music."
                          -Dad

Kalasinar

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 04:36:58 PM »
Hi Kalasinar,

Yeah, I can see how forest green would be cool with the gold triangle.

If I may ask a questions: what do you think of a black zelda tenor ocarina? It would be like the "Dark Link" ocarina replica.

Hmm, i'm not sure what i think of a Dark Link black ocarina...personally i'm not too keen on jet black ocarinas. And i'm not sure it would go well for the particular standard STL design, though perhaps the triangle could be silver instead of gold. I think for a really innovative ocarina design for a Dark Link one would be one quite different from this - perhaps a different shape, warped in some ways?

I love forest green.  That could look really cool!  I'm not familiar with the game (other than Phantom Hourglass that I played a little bit) so I don't know where it fits in, but it sounds cool to me.

Well, Link's clothes are traditionally green - so it would go with his outfit :D And to explain this as shortly as i can without boring anyone, Link's partition of the Triforce is Courage, which i think is associated with the goddess Farore in the game (three goddesses make the Triforce) who in turn is associated with making the forests and the grass etc etc. Therefore green.

...Unless i'm wrong, and someone with better Zelda knowledge can better give you an explanation... ???

Double Posts combined

Jack

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 9
  • On Sabbatical
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 04:44:43 PM »
Hmm, i'm not sure what i think of a Dark Link black ocarina...personally i'm not too keen on jet black ocarinas. And i'm not sure it would go well for the particular standard STL design, though perhaps the triangle could be silver instead of gold. I think for a really innovative ocarina design for a Dark Link one would be one quite different from this - perhaps a different shape, warped in some ways?

I think a dark gray would be interesting - to make it more like "Shadow Link".  I agree about the shape change too.  I think a subtle warping would be interesting. 
It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

ocarinadiva

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 104
  • Hi I'm Daisy...er, I mean Cris
    • CrisGale.com
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »
The Dark Link ocarina sounds very intriquing.  I don't believe Dark Link played an ocarina in the game, but a gunmetal gray ocarina would be very cool.

I think a design for a Fairy Ocarina would be pretty cool too.  It doesn't get as much attention as the Ocarina of Time, but I think it would be a cool replica. :D

Bateleur5

• Ocarina Player
  • Thanks Recieved: 13
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 12:51:22 AM »
A decent Fairy Ocarina replica is all that I have asked for out of Zelda-inspired ocarina makers for a good while now! It would have to be a different shape from the Ocarina of Time replica, a bit more narrow and less round, and it would need an uneven ivory-like finish. It would need to feel as if it were handmade by Saria herself! (Or by whoever made that darned ocarina.  :P ) And of course, we would need some sort of triangular green jewel-like piece on the mouthpiece. Perhaps a Peridot or fragment of Jade?
Just throwing that out there. ;)
But I'm on the fence about the idea of a black Zelda Tenor as well.....

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 01:21:23 PM »
Id like to see a greenish yellow zelda tenor with a green triangle.Like this one It would be a great fairy ocarina replica   

-Desmond

ocarinadiva

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 104
  • Hi I'm Daisy...er, I mean Cris
    • CrisGale.com
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »
And of course, we would need some sort of triangular green jewel-like piece on the mouthpiece. Perhaps a Peridot or fragment of Jade?

Jade would be nice, or some sort of painted design matching the fairy ocarina, perhaps with smaller inset stones.

Dennis

• Administrator
  • Thanks Recieved: 15
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 11:42:59 PM »
Could anyone find a picture of the Fairy ocarina? I'm sorry but I don't know Zelda as well as I like to.

Bateleur5

• Ocarina Player
  • Thanks Recieved: 13
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 12:45:30 AM »
Here are a few images that I found online. (The last one is a snapshot from the actual game. That is Saria holding the ocarina.)

ArcoHarmony

• Hero Staff Member
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 03:30:48 PM »
It looks like it's supposed to be an ivory type look.  We've inset jems before.  That could look really cool. 
"It's about the music."
                          -Dad

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »
I would love to see one of these soon.