Author Topic: Max Range Double Pendant  (Read 7100 times)

Jack

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 9
  • On Sabbatical
Max Range Double Pendant
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:54 AM »

Max Range Double Pendant

Brand new from our Ocarevolution line, this double ocarina offers some incredible features.
Tuned in C Major, this ocarina uses standard English 6 hole fingering system and has a very wide range.
The bigger chamber (tenor) plays from B4 to E6 and the smaller chamber (soprano) plays from C6 to E7.
Both chambers are now fully chromatic. You can also play two notes at the same time on this ocarina.

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
Re: Max Range Double Pendant
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
That is a very interesting design :)

MaryP

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 8
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 09:51:54 AM »
Yes it is indeed an interesting design.  I recently received one of them...the white one...interesting finish too...sort of looks like it is starting to crack all over but it isn't.

The description says that both chambers are fully chromatic but the fingering chart that comes with it has no fingering diagrams for the sharps and flats for the smaller (soprano) chamber C6-E7.

Also the description says that two notes can be played at the same time but no instructions were included about how to do that.

Somebody help me please!
P.S. Practicing is always fun except when it is not...when it is not you stop and go smell the roses until practicing looks like fun again.:)

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 08:44:53 PM »

The description says that both chambers are fully chromatic but the fingering chart that comes with it has no fingering diagrams for the sharps and flats for the smaller (soprano) chamber C6-E7.

Also the description says that two notes can be played at the same time but no instructions were included about how to do that.

Somebody help me please!

I don't have this ocarina but I'm sure the sharps and flats should be the same fingering as a regular 6 hole pendants? I'm not sure. And for playing both chambers at the same time that should be self explanatory :) Just blow through both chambers :)

MaryP

• Ocarinist
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 08:12:42 AM »
Thanks for your input zombiefewd1.
P.S. Practicing is always fun except when it is not...when it is not you stop and go smell the roses until practicing looks like fun again.:)

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »
Thanks for your input zombiefewd1.

No prob (: Sorry I couldn't really explain it that much though :/

ocarevolutionary

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:43:24 AM »
I will get to your question here soon.  Sorry for the long delay.  If you look in "Off topic", you will see why.
Whether you think you can or you can't, you will be right.  Few things worthwhile are easy to accomplish.

MaryP

• Ocarinist
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 04:56:42 AM »
No problem...whenever you get time will be fine.

keb

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »
I am really interested in buying one of these, but I was wondering what are the two extra holes for?
They are not on the first version of the double pendant.

And, can someone play a more serious song, something a little more classical then what is on the STL site? And share? (I think they play Yankee Doodle or somthing like that.) Thanks!

Any more reviews about this ocarina?

ocarevolutionary

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »
So so sorry for my long and silent absence!  I have uploaded new videos, one of which will answer your questions about this ocarina.  Perhaps Jack would be kind enought to find them and plaster them all over this forum including in this topic.
Whether you think you can or you can't, you will be right.  Few things worthwhile are easy to accomplish.

Echoingocarina

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 22
  • ^_^
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »
And, can someone play a more serious song, something a little more classical then what is on the STL site? And share? (I think they play Yankee Doodle or somthing like that.) Thanks!

I believe Heather is playing Oh Susannah in that video, but here's another song on the this ocarina performed by Ocarinadiva, I think it really brings out this ocarina. (I don't have this ocarina, but I think from all the videos and stuff, it sounds really nice.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pehpxv1Qvw0 hope this helps.
Let the music flow from your soul, so that you may play from your heart.

Emily34285

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 43
  • I dream of playing ocarina professionally.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »
I. Want. This. Ocarina. So. Badly... It might be my next, this or the purple clay mini...
I <3 ocarina and sewing.
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
Ocarinas purchased from STL:
Nightingale Soprano C
Plastic Triple
Two Ocarina Necklaces
Plastic Zelda Tenor C
Inline Tenor C
Purple Clay Mini

Youngneil

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 4
  • Ocarinas play hymns real well. I mean REALLY well!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »
I'm a little confused about this one. Is it like a double chamber for a six hole ocarina, or is it a full twelve hole double ocarina and just smaller?
Lots of books are difficult to understand, lots of books are easy to understand.
The Bible is both: so simple a child can believe, so complex that scholars ponder it for decades and decades.

Emily34285

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 43
  • I dream of playing ocarina professionally.
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 03:26:01 PM »
To quote Ocarevolutionary's vid, it functions the same as a 6 hole pendant without the three additional tone holes. The extra three help extend the range, I think...
I <3 ocarina and sewing.
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
Ocarinas purchased from STL:
Nightingale Soprano C
Plastic Triple
Two Ocarina Necklaces
Plastic Zelda Tenor C
Inline Tenor C
Purple Clay Mini

Seishou

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 13
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »
To quote Ocarevolutionary's vid, it functions the same as a 6 hole pendant without the three additional tone holes. The extra three help extend the range, I think...

I think you are right on that. If you look at the range that a double vs. this one as pendants go, the max range adds a half step lower note (B4) and 2 Whole Steps higher (D7 & E7) as opposed to the other double pendants which only range C5 to C7.