Author Topic: Nightingale Tenor C  (Read 6091 times)

BreathofLife

• Getting Better!
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
  • Spiritual transcendence through the musical medium
Re: Nightingale Tenor C
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 12:35:21 AM »
Inverted? As in transverse? Do you know which one you plan to get?
Sorry, I meant the inline. It may be more comfortable for myself as a tin whistle player, at least I would assume.
Our songs will live on, and will be sung by our children, and by our children's children. This is how we will be remembered. This is who we were.

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »
Yes, if you're used to that, I'd go for it. My personal preference lies in transverse ocarinas.

BreathofLife

• Getting Better!
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
  • Spiritual transcendence through the musical medium
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 02:49:24 AM »
It seems to be the preference for many people here, transverse. I play many styles of flutes that are transverse, so I'm not unaccustomed to them, but I seem to learn much faster with end blown flutes. Probably due to my childhood of obsessive tin whistling ;)

All that said, I'm now leaning towards the Spearhead as my next choice.
Our songs will live on, and will be sung by our children, and by our children's children. This is how we will be remembered. This is who we were.

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 02:06:30 PM »
I've played the tin whistle and I also play the native american flute.  I think it isn't so much the inline position as the hands not being perfectly mirrored.  When the hands are exactly parallel to each other, it gets kind of uncomfortable... but yes there is a strong preference for transverse ocarinas here.