Author Topic: Nightingale Tenor C  (Read 6094 times)

Jack

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 9
  • On Sabbatical
Nightingale Tenor C
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »
Nightingale Tenor Ocarina

Product Overview by OcarinaDiva
Sound Sample
Size: 5 inches / 12.7 cm long

Pitch: A4 to F6 including sharps and flats

Extra Features:
-Free instructional booklet
-Neck strap

PURCHASE LINK

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

tussengas

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 25
  • Ain't Going down till the sun comes up!
Re: Nightingale Tenor C
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:11 PM »
Very Lovely, Not too Expensive, And Sold out   :'(
But Certainly one for my birthdaypresents list ;) (combined with the soprano version btw)

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:36:53 PM »
I like the Cheng Chingish shape :)

gears

• STL Ocarina Fan
  • Thanks Recieved: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 07:51:26 PM »
I received my Nightingale set today and (although Jon thinks that it is beginner oc), I am impressed by the tenor. This oc has a good feel and to me has a clarity of sound. I know that sound is subjective to whoever is listening, but for me this is a strong, non temperamental and fairly loud oc. I like it much more than the Echo. As far as the soprano, the only thing I have to gauge it on is the 12 hole plastic and they are not significantly different. I don't much care for soprano ocs anyway. I am quite happy with the tenor.
Thank you,
Jerry.
Music is magic. It can make the bitterest adversaries tap their toe to the same tune.

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 12:09:22 AM »
Ah, I guess I should have said Beginner +.  I don't think any ocarina is just for beginners but it is good to know that you can buy something for someone just starting out.

I'm glad you're liking it.  I like the "feel" of the Nightingales tenor more than the echo tenor.  It just feels more right in my hands.  However, the echo soprano is awesome and is the soprano ocarina I grab when I want to play a soprano.

wolfshire

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 04:37:48 PM »
I just got my Nightingale Tenor C in the mail. It took about a week for it to get here, but there it was; propped up against the front door and waiting. It was well packaged in popcorn Styrofoam. The first thing I did was to tear open the box and look at my first ocarina. It was beautiful but I was surprised at how smooth and slick it was.  I see why the neck strap is so important now.  I've played a wind instrument before so I just dived right in and made a few notes on it. The sound is amazing. This ocarina is so mellow and earthy.  Then I tore open the sheet music... and there is where I was disappointed. I flipped through all the books and then tossed them into the trash can.  These are some kind of extremely dumb-downed sheet music for someone that has never seen music before. So, If you have never learned to read music; these books are for you. They are easy to read and mimic a song. But if you can read music, you will want to head down to your music store and order some real sheet music.  I definitely recommend this ocarina and will myself be purchasing more ocarinas in the future... minus the "music" song books.

gears

• STL Ocarina Fan
  • Thanks Recieved: 7
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
Hello Wolfshire, First ,you have an interesting handle, more or less "Home of  the wolf", and second, I believe that you are right, in that, the Nightingale is a good instrument and the numbered books they send out with their ocarinas is really just killing trees. Their "Method Books" are better, since you actually get written music. I find the numbering system more destractive than helpful.
Thank you,
Jerry.
Music is magic. It can make the bitterest adversaries tap their toe to the same tune.

ocarinapoet

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 6
  • Rock out with your Oc out!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
Just received this ocarina a couple weeks ago. I love it! The shape and the pattern are wonderful and it sounds beautiful. This is my first 12 hole ocarina. I'm very pleased with this purchase!

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 12:09:23 PM »
That's great.  One thing you'll find with the Nightingale is that its texture is pretty unique.  I really like it since it isn't too grippy and isn't too slick. 

Seishou

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 13
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »
Got the Tenor C after previously purchasing the Zelda 12 hole Tenor Ocarina. At first my purchase of the Ocarina I initially bought was for fun and being a Zelda fan was for adding to my collection. That was the first wind instrument I ever played, I was surprised by how entertained I was playing on that Ocarina and since I felt it would seem silly carrying that one around I decided to get another for more general use and to improve my skills on.

That is were this Ocarina comes in. I loved the feel of and could tell it would be easier to handle than the Zelda Themed one. First few songs I played on it and family right off the bat was commenting how they like how this Ocarina plays.

I also like the numbering system, though I can read sheet music understanding what note it is based on position along 5 lines has always been and I think will always be an annoyance for me. It's not how my brain is wired to work and learning the song takes me ridiculously longer, with this numbering that still defines the beats and rests works way better for my mental processing. Within a few minutes of playing a song from the numbering system versus the music sheets I was putting together notes that I could recognize as the song, not perfect but that will come with practice.

Overall I think it all is a great setup going, if you prefer sheet music then by all means use that.  I still do refer to original sheet musics just as added assistance, but me being a numbers guy can FAR more quickly associate the notes to a hard number as opposed to a position.

thrive3:17

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 18
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 10:31:15 PM »
I have that ocarina as well (: It has amazing tone and is *so* comfortable to play!

I'm doing the opposite of what you did; I bought the Nightingale, now I'm buying the Zelda double (:
•To love another person is to see the face of God ~Les Mis•

Seishou

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 13
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »
I have that ocarina as well (: It has amazing tone and is *so* comfortable to play!

I'm doing the opposite of what you did; I bought the Nightingale, now I'm buying the Zelda double (:

Oh I'll definitely use the Zelda one if I ever go Cosplay as Link. Keep planning out things to Cosplay and whatnot but keep stopping at conceptual. One of these time I'll actually change that conceptual to actual...

thrive3:17

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 18
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »
If/when you do, post pictures! (:
•To love another person is to see the face of God ~Les Mis•

BreathofLife

• Getting Better!
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
  • Spiritual transcendence through the musical medium
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 02:13:00 AM »
Purchased this as my first ocarina. I was obviously drawn to it because of it's name "Nightingale" which just happens to be my surname :) I also really liked the look of it, and was not disappointed when I received it in the mail and opened it. It feels wonderful and sounds even more so.

I play several types of flutes and all manners of tin whistles, so I found this instrument very easy to pick up. Like the others have said, the books leave something to be desired, but I can see how they would be very helpful for a beginner/novice. The fingering isn't exactly what I'm used to, but it is fairly comfortable. I do plan on buying one of the inverted ocarinas which would more likely suit my experience.

This ocarina looks and plays beautifully. I'm very happy with my first foray into the ocarina world. :)
Our songs will live on, and will be sung by our children, and by our children's children. This is how we will be remembered. This is who we were.

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 06:22:47 AM »
Inverted? As in transverse? Do you know which one you plan to get?