Author Topic: Nightingale Soprano C  (Read 2944 times)

Jack

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 9
  • On Sabbatical
Nightingale Soprano C
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »
Nightingale Soprano Ocarina

A Splendid Overveiw by OcarinaDiva
Sound Sample
Size: 3.5 inches / 8.89 cm long

Pitch: A5 to F7 including sharps and flats

Extra Features:
-Free instructional booklet
-Neck strap

PURCHASE LINK

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

cr0085

• Practice Makes Perfect
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
Re: Nightingale Soprano C
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »
Purchased a nightingale soprano last week, arrived in ireland yesterday. Have to say its an absolutely gorgeous design. I love the matt finish paint work, its yellow and black and reminds me of lightning or perhaps a dry lake bed with the cracked apperance. The texture gives the ocarina a slightly grippy surface which i find helps when my fingers get moist with sweat. The tone is very beautiful and the highest notes are considerably easy to play clearly. The almost in line design also helps with long practice sessions and to be honest i now prefer the nightingale soprano to my echo soprano. The echo can feel a bit crowded in my hands at times but the nightingale is ergonomically designed and feels so much easier to hold and play. Only new to playing ocarinas the nightingale is only my 4th purchase but i would highly recommend it to anyone

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »
It makes me think of a dying sun as the energy is about to burst out and go nova

cr0085

• Practice Makes Perfect
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 04:52:10 PM »
Thats a cool way to describe the design carboncopy but now you have said it, id have to agree. Its like looking at a sunspot with dark centre and crackled bright yellow lines, or like seeing a solar flare against the utter darkness of space.
I see you have also an interest in astronomy like myself too. Il have to learn to play the suns song from LOZ next. It seems appropriate i use the nightingale for this song now ;)

Emily34285

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 43
  • I dream of playing ocarina professionally.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:55:43 PM »
I just purchased this oc from MegaCon today! I think this is my favorite one so far, a lovely tone and beautiful look! Very satisfied with this one... :)
I <3 ocarina and sewing.
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
Ocarinas purchased from STL:
Nightingale Soprano C
Plastic Triple
Two Ocarina Necklaces
Plastic Zelda Tenor C
Inline Tenor C
Purple Clay Mini

Pickle

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 193
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »
I just received my nightingale in the mail today. I haven't played it much, but when I ran through the scale I found I had trouble playing the low B and the low B flat/A#, they sounded the same.

I think in the overview this ocarina was described as having a dynamic breath pressure, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what breath technique is best for this ocarina so I can be sure to practice properly, and hit these notes correctly.