Author Topic: 8 Hole Plastic Ocarina  (Read 4913 times)

Stl. Ocarina

• Administrator
  • Thanks Recieved: 8
    • STL Ocarina
8 Hole Plastic Ocarina
« on: August 08, 2009, 06:47:20 PM »
8 Hole Plastic Ocarina

Diameter: 3 inches / 7.6 cm
Pitch: B4 to F6 including sharps and flats
(the range is almost as wide as a 12 hole ocarina)

Extra Features:
-Free instructional booklet

PURCHASE LINKS

Green
Yellow

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
Re: 8 Hole Plastic Ocarina
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
How are the fingerings on these?Because I havent seen and videos of these yet.

tussengas

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 25
  • Ain't Going down till the sun comes up!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:56:25 PM »
The purchase links nowadays shows a youtube sample from Heather. Although the design looks very basic, I'm suprised about the Range and quality of Sound. But perhaps every instrument sounds like gold in the hands of such great musicans as Heather :)

Wolfskindred

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
    • Amazon.com: Kathy Anne Pippig
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 02:11:23 PM »
This is another ocarina that I like so much, I bought two of, one for my car and one to wear or keep in the house. The fingering is a breeze, the sound is very surprising and I doubt you could tell it is a plastic ocarina if you just heard a sound sample. Transitioning through all the notes is easy, no squeaks or problems. Breath control is minimal and you get a great sound with little effort. The design is sturdy and comfortable. It does not look like a cheap, poor quality plastic instrument - it is pleasing to the eye and in the tactile feel of it. What confounds me is why they have not or are not able to make this exact same design in a ceramic version? I think they would really sell if they were available in ceramic. I'm curious as to how well they sell the plastic versions? They truly are a great ocarina and if you like the pendant ocarinas, this one is just one note shy of the full 12 hole transverse ocarina, for a fraction of the price and is much smaller than a transverse 12 hole tenor ocarina.
"The spirit of the Earth in the notes of the flute
the song speaks for my soul, when my voice is mute." --K. Pippig

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 06:46:45 PM »
I haven't tried an 8 hole, but I totally agree about plastic ocarinas.  They are made to keep in random places like cars and bags and drawers.  It's like instant music waiting to happen at any moment.