Author Topic: 6 Hole Plastic Ocarina  (Read 5859 times)

Stl. Ocarina

• Administrator
  • Thanks Recieved: 8
    • STL Ocarina
6 Hole Plastic Ocarina
« on: August 08, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »
6 Hole Plastic Ocarina

Diameter: 3 inches / 7.6 cm

Pitch: C5 to E6 including sharps and flats

Extra Features:

-Free instructional booklet

PURCHASE LINKS
Blue Green White Yellow

spyro4now

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
Re: 6 Hole Plastic Ocarina
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
this ocarina seems wierd to me.i just dont think that it would give a high quility sound.i could be wrong it would be nice if some one would post i vid for it... ::)

ocarinadiva

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 104
  • Hi I'm Daisy...er, I mean Cris
    • CrisGale.com
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »
I will try to make a video for this ocarina soon.  I was surprised by the quality of this ocarina.  It doesn't sound as good as my clay ocarinas, but it sounds a lot better than I was expecting.   :o

You can produce each tone very clearly and easily, which cannot be said for many other plastic ocarinas in this price range.  It's great for kids and beginners.

MaryP

• Ocarinist
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »
Ocarinadiva,

Now that you have reviewed all the Plastic Ocarinas I was wondering how you would compare the tone quality of the 12 hole tenor vs. the 6 hole.
Do you think the tone quality is the same?
Does one sound better than the other?....If so, which one sounds better?

I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

I would also welcome the opinions of others who have actually played both of the ocarinas mentioned in this topic.

Sincerely,

MaryP
P.S. Practicing is always fun except when it is not...when it is not you stop and go smell the roses until practicing looks like fun again.:)

ArcoHarmony

• Hero Staff Member
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:11:11 AM »
My feeling is that of course the clay ocarinas will be better, however, the first time I played these and our 12 hole plastic ocarinas I was really surprised how good the sound is.  Most plastic ocarinas are pretty subpar, but these I really like.  It's great for when you travel or want to just toss it in a bag when you're on the go.
"It's about the music."
                          -Dad

ocarinadiva

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 104
  • Hi I'm Daisy...er, I mean Cris
    • CrisGale.com
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 12:20:51 PM »
Now that you have reviewed all the Plastic Ocarinas I was wondering how you would compare the tone quality of the 12 hole tenor vs. the 6 hole.
Do you think the tone quality is the same?
Does one sound better than the other?....If so, which one sounds better?

That's a great question, and I think the answer lies in the design.  They are both designed very well for plastic ocarinas.  When I first got them, I compared the voicing holes with some of my other plastic ocarinas, and the fipple is shaped with much more precision.

Between the 12 hole tenor and the 6 hole, the voicing is nearly identical, so I think it plays a big role in the overall quality.  The 12 hole tenor has a richer tone, in my opinion.  Some design factors that may account for this are: a longer windway, a different shape for the internal volume, and the thickness of the plastic. 

I've been playing transverse ocarinas the longest, so I think I probably have a tendency to like them better.  I think the plastic 6 hole is probably the best ocarina you can buy for less than $10 though! ;D

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
Ohh this one is very nice,Considering that it is plastic it is very durable,Im guessing that it comes with a neckstrap which would make it ultra portable.

ArcoHarmony

• Hero Staff Member
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:24:12 PM »
yep, there's a neckstrap.
"It's about the music."
                          -Dad

MaryP

• Ocarinist
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »
AcroHarmony and Ocarinadiva.....Thanks so much for your input regarding the plastic 6 and 12 hole tenor.  The information you have shared is exactly what I needed to know.

Mary P
P.S. Practicing is always fun except when it is not...when it is not you stop and go smell the roses until practicing looks like fun again.:)

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »
yep, there's a neckstrap.
Nice!This is an ultra portable ocarina!

ladyraven143

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 06:52:56 PM »
Just got ours today, I picked up the Homeschooling set with two extras (one for me and one for dad)

Hadn't even looked at the cd's yet and our 9 yo was creating her own tunes with it.

By tomorrow I can bet we'll be through lesson one and be practicing Hot cross buns :D