Author Topic: Max Range Double  (Read 15388 times)

Jack

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 9
  • On Sabbatical
Max Range Double
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:17:07 AM »

New from our Ocarevolution line, the "MaxRange" extends the range of a double ocarina by 3 notes, just one note shy of a triple ocarina! In addition to an extended range, the second chamber also boasts a strong and resonant tone.

This compact ocarina is about 5.5" long, accurately tuned in the key of C Major, with a pitch range of more than two octaves (from A4 to F7). It also has the capability of performing all the sharps and flats.

We have included an detailed fingering chart, as well as a protective bag, a Zelda Songbook, and Folksong for Ocarina Volume One with this ocarina. If you would like to have other songbooks instead, please let us know. We'll be happy to switch them for you.

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

TomAwesome

• Playing Polka!
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
Re: Max Range Double
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:54:11 AM »
Very cool!

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »
Cool! Ive never seen a neckstrap on a double ocarina. Love the range :D

Autumn

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 17
  • We are the music makers
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »
And to think I've had This bookmarked for my next purchase... Looks like It won't be the one I'm getting now.
You see things and say, why?
 But I dream things that never were; and I say,

Why not?

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:41:39 PM »
I just got mine in the mail. Here are some pictures and a video.

Here it is in a group with my other multi chambers: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jcr64XTPAc

XandraJH

• Practice Makes Perfect
  • Thanks Recieved: 3
  • Barry Manilow in a turban!
    • FanFic Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 07:47:38 PM »
I just bought this one today! ^_^
Now I can play the Border Morris songs! Whoo!
(lol, can you tell I'm excited? =P )
"EDMUND! It's the Neffers! Run for you life...and your virtue!"

Look me up on fanfiction - penname, Xandra J.

MaryP

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 8
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »
I've been wondering ever since this awsome Max Range double became available if I should get this ocarina as my first double instead of a regular double.  (In either case I would also get the Method Book for the double.)

Would the Max Range double be more difficult to learn to play than the regular double?  It seems to me that the key to learning to play multi-chamber ocarina is swithching chambers smoothly while playing (in tune) and learning additonal fingerings...with the Max Range I'd just have more fingerings to learn right?...would that be additional fingerings or is the fingering for the Max Range double very different than the regular double?

I welcome any and all advice and opinions on this topic.

MaryP

(P.S.: I do plan to purchase the new plastic triple as soon as funds allow and I finally make up my mind on a color!)

P.S. Practicing is always fun except when it is not...when it is not you stop and go smell the roses until practicing looks like fun again.:)

ocarevolutionary

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 11:24:12 AM »
The great thing about the MaxRange is that, in the range of standard doubles, the fingering for the MaxRange is identical.  In other words, until you want to go past that high C for the three extra notes, you play the MaxRange exactly how you would play a standard double.  Rising above the high C, a very simple pattern is used.

In other words, it is no different or more difficult, there are just more notes.  It is also very compact and has a very good balance between the two chambers.  I do not think is neccesary or desirable to start on a standard double and then switch to the MaxRange.  Just choose according to your preference.
Whether you think you can or you can't, you will be right.  Few things worthwhile are easy to accomplish.

MaryP

• Ocarinist
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 03:32:46 PM »
Thank you Ocarevaloutionary!  That's exactly what I needed to know and what I was hoping to hear!

MaryP
P.S. Practicing is always fun except when it is not...when it is not you stop and go smell the roses until practicing looks like fun again.:)

Autumn

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 17
  • We are the music makers
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »
I have the money for one of these right now, but I don't want to blow my savings...
I wish the design contest would finish, the chances of winning are like the lottery but that would mean a brand new ocarina with no second thoughts  :D
You see things and say, why?
 But I dream things that never were; and I say,

Why not?

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »
Here is my mini video review of the max range double :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6Bfa8fNrU

MaryP

• Ocarinist
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 11:05:49 AM »
Thank you Desmond!  Excellent review!

I keep watching it!

MaryP

fusionsax10

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:23:55 PM »
I got mine in the mail a few weeks ago and if it didnt get on my roomates nerves i would never put it down. I love this ocarina, and once im home for the summer ill have all the time in the world to enjoy it freely.

Turweithiel

• STL Ocarina Fan
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 03:14:39 AM »
I like the looks of this one a lot and it sounds as though the range is great i am really hoping to buy this one soon

Impy

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 02:28:26 AM »
Does anyone of you have the black-coloured one of this and can make some more pictures? I can't decide which one to buy...