Author Topic: Echo Tenor C Ocarina  (Read 10837 times)

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
Re: Echo Tenor C Ocarina
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »
That's a safe assumption.

Bernice

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 3
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »
yeah i believe so because nothing delievers on sundays n i ordered on saturday  ill just wait until it arrives on its own time

SouthPaw

• Getting Better!
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »
I got my Echo last night, black & white one, it's beautiful. It's heavier than I thought it would be. Practiced a bit this morning and learned to play Happy Birthday. I really need to practice breath and finger control more. 

PsychleeOcari

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
I got this ocarina a few days ago, and it is beyond my expectations! So beautiful, and so great to play. It is very easy to figure out, and in a few minutes I knew all of the notes. My ears are very sensitive, so I have to put in ear plugs. Which means it wont be drowned out when playing with other instruments. Very, very good!

QueenWolfe

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
I'm kinda curious if I should get this as my first 12 hole ocarina, or if I should get the Zelda tenor. Can somebody help me with this decision?
What Will Be, Will Be.

Phobos

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 17
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »
The Echo is one of the easiest ocarinas to play from what I here. The LOZ Tenor is a little more different according to the review's I have heard. Cris Gale or OcarinaDiva(youtube) has a video review for each on her youtube account.

QueenWolfe

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »
I'm mainly worried that it won't challenge me enough, and I'll get bored with it and never mess with it again. I'm seriously considering this ocarina though!
What Will Be, Will Be.

8bitlink

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 85
  • Okarina wa daisuki.
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
If it's your first 12 hole ocarina, I think you would be well advised to go with what is the most aesthetically pleasing to you. The echo tenor is easier to play overall because the OoT replica is very sensitive to breath, which can be seen on several YouTube reviews. That being said. It is mainly an aesthetic choice because the fingerings are the same on both of the ocarinas. The difficulty level and challenge is really determined by the song you are trying to learn. If you chose the OoT, you will have to spend some time getting your breath control down.

In addition, I think that you don't need to be worried about the ocarina not being challenging. In fact, one of the things I find so attractive about it is its simplicity. I think you will be glad with whichever one you purchase.
Go ahead and play your music. You never know, you just might make someones day.
And now for something completely off base, Kirby Dance!
<(-_-<) (^-_-^) (v-_-v) (>-_-)>

QueenWolfe

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
Thank you very much for telling me this! It's very helpful! I'm about ready to make my final decision, but I'd still like to do a little more research, just to be sure this is right for me. ^-^
What Will Be, Will Be.

Youngneil

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 4
  • Ocarinas play hymns real well. I mean REALLY well!
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
I was thinking about getting this one as my second ocarina, but I was wondering if it is louder than most ocarinas. If it is that isn't really a problem for me, but I don't want to get a really loud one. I was also wondering if it's sound was any different from the standard tenor ocarina, which I have now.
Lots of books are difficult to understand, lots of books are easy to understand.
The Bible is both: so simple a child can believe, so complex that scholars ponder it for decades and decades.

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »
This ocarina is a louder, bolder ocarina.

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 03:21:39 AM »
I'm kinda curious if I should get this as my first 12 hole ocarina, or if I should get the Zelda tenor. Can somebody help me with this decision?
I would go for the Echo. :P

lugia

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 04:00:58 PM »
LOVE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT
im glad that its my first ocarina :D

Dragongal

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
I got my Echo tenor after I've had my echo Soprano for about as year. Definitely a step up! The sound is wonderful, and the fit is perfect! The sharp/flat holes aren't hard to hit, either! Love it!
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
Tupac Shakur

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »
Actually, it's 8 whole-steps down. ;) *bad musical pun* I'm glad you're enjoying your new ocarina. When you say "sharp/flat holes", do you mean the sub holes?