Author Topic: Echo Tenor C Ocarina  (Read 10827 times)

Stl. Ocarina

• Administrator
  • Thanks Recieved: 8
    • STL Ocarina
Echo Tenor C Ocarina
« on: November 12, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
Echo Tenor Ocarina

OverView by OcarinaDiva
Sound Sample
Size: 5.5 inches / 13.97 cm long
Pitch: A4 to F6 including sharps and flats

Our new Echo ocarina is designed for maximum resonance and volume.
The rounded chamber allows the player to create unprecedented ringing tone.

Extra Features:
-Free instructional booklet
-Neck strap

PURCHASE LINKS

Black with a Protective Bag and Songbooks
Blue with a Protective Bag and Songbooks

ArcoHarmony

• Hero Staff Member
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
Re: Echo Tenor C Ocarina
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »
nice video ocarinadiva!  Can't wait to get an echo!
"It's about the music."
                          -Dad

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
nice video ocarinadiva!  Can't wait to get an echo!
I got mine the other day. Its sound is so pure and reasonant! You can actually feel it vibrating in your hands too!

Estrella

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »
I just got mine in. :) I'm surprised it came in so quickly! The color is absolutely gorgeous. This is my first ocarina, so I'm a bit surprised at the weight of it. Though it's not uncomfortable or  heavy by any means. The texture is really smooth, and its very easy to hold. Heck, even the neck strap is a nice blue to match.

You can tell from the videos what a great sound this ocarina has. Love it!

vega-nova

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • "One is glad to be of service"- Andrew Martin
    • Welcome to das blog of Joshua Borja!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 02:43:40 PM »
Looks very elegant. Plus to hold hold should be very easy, right?
Check out my blog at dasasian.jigsy.com

Estrella

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Oh yes! I have never held an ocarina before, but this one is a perfect fit for me. It is very easy to hold, and feels natural. The sound is gorgeous, and has a very nice tone to it. I love the earthy sound I get from it, and just as Zombiefewd said, you have a very soft vibration in your fingers as you play.

I'll have to post some pictures of mine. It looks more like the one from the video, as opposed to the one from the picture when you order it. That has to be my favorite part about this one. :) It looks so elegant.

Echoingocarina

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 22
  • ^_^
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:42:14 AM »
It looks so elegant.

I agree,it is really elegant. This was my first ocarina, and it has such a lovely tone. My only problem with it is that I can't play it for a long time, otherwise my siblings ask me to switch to a quieter ocarina.
Let the music flow from your soul, so that you may play from your heart.

HenryC

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
Hello STL community!

I think i am ready to make a purchase.   I was going to go with the double ocarina, but because i am a beginner with no musical background and therefore, cannot read sheet music, a few have suggested that i get a single chambered "Echo" tenor instead.  So Echo it is!

I'm going to purchase the Echo <http://stlocarina.com/echo2dis.html>   and with it, i am going to purchase The Art of Ocarina Method Book Volume One and Instructional DVD set for $42.30.   On the Echo tenor product discription, it says:

"We have included an instructional booklet, as well as a protective bag, a Zelda Songbook, and Folksong for Ocarina Volume One with this ocarina. If you would like to have other songbooks instead, simple leave a note at the ?comment? section when you check out. We'll be happy to switch them for you."

Looking at the songbooks, the Folksongs for ocarinas and treble instruments volume 1 is $13, and the one that i want is "Anime Songs for Ocarinas and Treble Instruments".     The two products don't have to be the same price to make the swap, right?

I tried calling STL @ 314-594-2994, and no one is picking up or calling me back after i left a message earlier this week.   I just wanted to also ask how the package will be arriving at my door and approx how long.  Will the parcel have to be signed off by someone?   I live in Edmonton, Alberta.

Anyone know the answers to these questions.   I think i will then just order it through the web instead of on phone.

HenryC

Echoingocarina

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 22
  • ^_^
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 09:47:45 AM »
Looking at the songbooks, the Folksongs for ocarinas and treble instruments volume 1 is $13, and the one that i want is "Anime Songs for Ocarinas and Treble Instruments".     The two products don't have to be the same price to make the swap, right?

HenryC
You can switch the songbooks for any of them except "Ocarina Christmas" "She Moved Through the Fair" "Visions & Fantasies" And "Ancient Traveler"

So you can ask them for a the Anime songbook instead of whatever it is you don't want.

I hope this answers your question.
Let the music flow from your soul, so that you may play from your heart.

HenryC

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 09:24:08 PM »
I'm just writing to tell the STL community that i finally received my Echo Tenor Ocarina!!!!!!!   Yay!

Wow that's fast shipping!   Ordered it on the 20th, and it's in my hands on the 26th.   I got the blue Echo Tenor. 

Just curious, what is the blue and white pattern supposed to represent?  What is it made out of?   How is it made?

HenryC

Phobos

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 17
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 09:32:24 AM »
The blue and white finish remind most people of clouds. It is made out of ceramic clay. The clay is shaped, hollowed, and then the fipple hole and finger holes are made, the ocarina is fused together from two parts(it was cut in half to hollow out) with either fresh wet clay or clay paste, and the the outside is smoothed to remove imperfections, then it is tuned. After tuning it is sanded and polished with a glass objetc(usually a bottle) and fired in a kiln at around 2000+ degrees F. Then a glaze such as the blue and white pattern is added and it is re-fired to apply the glaze. After all that the ocarina is a finished product. Hope that helps :)

SouthPaw

• Getting Better!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »
I just ordered the Echo as my first ocarina. I can't wait to get it. I like the look of the horn ocarina but there's almost no info on it.

Bernice

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 3
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 01:38:17 PM »
I just ordered the Echo as my first ocarina. I can't wait to get it. I like the look of the horn ocarina but there's almost no info on it.

Ikr i just ordered my 1st 1 too n trying to see if there will any info where its at n has it been shipped yet or in the process ima bit anxious

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 03:12:42 PM »
Check your spam folder.  Also, check your confirmation email.  There might be a link on it that leads back to a page on the STL site that shows your shipping info. 

Bernice

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 3
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 03:29:26 PM »
yeah i seen it went from my email to my shipping info but it doesnt seem to have anything on there n i ordered it morning of yesterday  so im just assuming they will start shipping it on monday