Author Topic: Welcome to the forum. What can we do for you?  (Read 25083 times)

Thecapt1984

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
I have a Question about my new ocarina
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »
This may be a dumb question but i can spit ruin your ocarina?

TheZelda

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 93
Re: Welcome to the forum. What can we do for you?
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »
If you properly care for your ocarina, spit should not have any effect on it what so ever. Some tips:
• Don't drool into your ocarina. Condensation may build up overtime, and this shouldn't affect the condition of your ocarina, however, if you literally spit into it, you experience some problems.
• If you find yourself drooling into your ocarina, try using mouth wash before you play. This will keep your mouth dry and the ocarina clean.
• Don't store the ocarina in a damp, dark place. This will prevent mould build up.

Eirh92

• STL Ocarina Fan
  • Thanks Recieved: 5
    • My Youtube Page
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2013, 12:38:22 AM »
I would also add (on the spit topic) that while spit can't damage your ocarina usually, you might occasionally have problems with your tone quality decreasing if you have a plastic or wooden ocarina and play for extended periods of time. All you have to do to fix this is occasionally cover the sound hole with your thumb and blow a quick blast of air through the mouthpiece, just to clear up the mouthpiece and allow for better air flow. Don't worry about spit building up inside the chamber; it will evaporate much more quickly than it builds up as long as you don't store it in a freezer.

sweetartsmarilyn

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 05:10:36 PM »
I had a question about tabs on here. Is there any sort of rule about using the tabs someone's posted on here as a basis for making sheet music? I wouldn't be reposting them anywhere (at least not without permission and proper credit). I'm just finding learning from sheet music alongside the tabs to be much easier for me.

Pickle

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 200
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 08:07:08 PM »
I don't think there is any sort of rule against using anyone's tabs to make sheets.
For one, most of the tabs are songs from shows or games and so forth. Except for the case of original compositions, the tabber is not the owner of the music, so it really isn't fair of them to complain you have copied them.
For another, while many tabs are made by ear, many others are translated from sheet music, or other people's performances and tutorials. The tabs are really just copies of someone else's work, so again the tabber has no real grounds to complain about you making sheets.

The way I see it, you aren't hurting the tabbers, and you are helping yourself learn. You aren't guilty of anything.

gargoyle22

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2018, 11:30:13 AM »
Hi. I've been playing my clay ocarina for several weeks and it has sounded great.  I only play on the couch with a music stand in front of me.  I played two days ago.  When I picked it up this morning, I can hear it whistling through every song.  What can I do?  I mad sure the holes were unobstructed, but it just sounds bad.  Please help.

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 133
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2018, 02:36:11 AM »
Try clearing the windway with a quick blast of air. Sounds like maybe there's some debris in the windway.  Cover the voicing with your thumb and blow really hard.. You can also try sucking too. 

BigC

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 8
  • STL Ocarina #1 MEGAFAN!
    • The STL Ocarina SuperFan Group - An Unofficial STL Fan Group
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2018, 08:18:21 PM »
That helped me a bunch of times! It always works.
STL Ocarinas I own:
12 Hole Plastic 1.0 Ocarina
12 Hole Plastic 2.0 Ocarina
12 Hole Ceramic Ocarina
And 6 Hole Ceramic Ocarina!