Author Topic: Zelda Double Ocarina  (Read 9125 times)

Loganius

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
Re: Zelda Double Ocarina
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »
I just received this ocarina. I have only had 6 hole experience previously, but I love this ocarina. I don't think it would be a problem to go right to a double. Might as well spend a little more for that extra range.

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 06:37:09 AM »
I just got this ocarina, and it's a fantastic value. The chamber balance is nice, and I especially love the platinum band. The glaze around the mouthpiece doesn't help or hurt chamber switching. As long as you keep it damp, your lips slide with ease. You can see in the picture I took of it and the Purple Clay double that the two are quite ergonomically different. The OoT is more compact and transverse while the PC has more of an inline nature to it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
STL has really outdone themselves.

ryanxpei

• Practice Makes Perfect
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »
This is a great ocarina.  It looks good on my shelf.

Wulfthari

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 09:28:47 AM »
That's the oc I bought...out of curiosity, is it made by TNG or produced directly by STL? Not that it changes a lot, but I am curious to know if it can made available with japanese fingering in the near future.

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 93
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »
It is made exclusively for STL by their affiliates in Taiwan, TNG.

Wulfthari

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 05:10:24 PM »
Nice instrument, a little quiet but it's a plus in certain situations.

in comparison to my old  a different brand g tenor it's a Porsche in terms of finish and breathing, the only airy note i have problems with is the high d, the second chamber is pretty good.

the only disappointment is the book because I'm not familiar with the tablature, i would find easier to read a traditional score but i understand it's a book thought also for people who don't read music.