Author Topic: Tenor Legend of Zelda Rupee Ocarina  (Read 17785 times)

Stl. Ocarina

• Administrator
  • Thanks Recieved: 8
    • STL Ocarina
Tenor Legend of Zelda Rupee Ocarina
« on: August 24, 2009, 06:16:06 PM »

Legend of Zelda Rupee Tenor Ocarina

Size: 3 inches
Pitch: C5 to E6
Extra Features
   Instructional booklet
    Neck strap

PURCHASE LINKS
Blue Purple Green

Kalasinar

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
Re: Tenor Legend of Zelda Rupee Ocarina
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 05:56:22 AM »
I got the two green ones i ordered yesterday, they're awesome little things! My nephew is going to be over the moon when i give him his ;D

Elharc

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:58:31 PM »
My purple one of these arrived yesterday, and one thing I can say is there's no likely way it will get damaged in transit (and I live in the UK, but we did use express shipping)- there was so much packaging and protection, Styrofoam Ss flew out at me when I opened the pizza-box parcel it came in, and I had to dig through mountains of the stuff to get to the actual ocarina box~

Anyway, the instrument itself is absolutely beautiful, 3 inches in length (so about the the distance from your thumb tip to your wrist) about 2 and 1/4 in width, and about 1 1/2 deep, and it's a good weight in your hand, pretty solid feeling. It has a lovely varnished finish that feels so smooth beneath your fingers, and [most of the] holes fit your fingers nicely, although the smallest one is hard to feel and find at times, but after practice you learn where abouts it is anyway. The neck strap is a nice addition (the string itself is awesome), and the ocarina's easy to hold as well. Some of the notes sound a little flat to me (probably due to its odd shape, but often it isn't too noticeable) but otherwise it sounds great too, and it has a decent range!

I've played the recorder for... at least 5 years now, and this was my first ocarina- and I much prefer the sound of it to the recorder! It sounds less reedy/whistle-y, ...more like a vibration or an echo than anything else, it's hard to describe, but I love the sound of it, and so does everyone else at my house~
I also found it really easy to pick up the fingerings, once I'd worked out the fingering chart it came with was mirrored xD
I could play a scale and a few basic Ocarina of Time warp songs after about, 10-15 minutes of practice- so even if you've never picked up an instrument before you could probably pick it up in less than an hour, youngish children could too!

So if your a Legend of Zelda fan of any age looking for an ocarina, but not so keen on buying an expensive 12 hole replica OoT, this is definitely the way to go! The Rupee Tenor Ocarina is a beautiful instrument, in sound and looks, and the fact it comes in so many colours in a bonus! I would definitely recommend it to any other fans- even if it wasn't a working instrument it would still be an awesome thing to have on a shelf, that's how great it is!

Already I love it to bits, so thank you so much STLOcarina, and anyone thinking about getting one of these definitely should go for one- I was extremely pleased with it anyway~  ;D

Dennis

• Administrator
  • Thanks Recieved: 15
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:32:34 AM »
Hi Elharc.

I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying your new ocarina. I hope to hear you playing the Rupee one day.

ocarevolutionary

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
Tenor Rupee videos
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »
Here are 2 videos I made for everyone to get a glimpse of the tenor rupees!  The camera mic wasn't spectacular, but here they are:

green rupee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGjz4bP-exQ

Link: Rupee ocarina : music from Zelda Ocarina of Time

tenor C orange rupee

Link: Rupee ocarina : Zelda Twilight Princess Title Theme
Whether you think you can or you can't, you will be right.  Few things worthwhile are easy to accomplish.

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »
Here are 2 videos I made for everyone to get a glimpse of the tenor rupees!  The camera mic wasn't spectacular, but here they are:

green rupee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGjz4bP-exQ

Link: Rupee ocarina : music from Zelda Ocarina of Time

tenor C orange rupee

Link: Rupee ocarina : Zelda Twilight Princess Title Theme

Nice sound samples!

melie

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • nueva en esto de amar las ocarinas!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 07:59:56 PM »
Hola, soy nueva en esto de la ocarina. Mi novio me regal? la tenor rupee, me encanta!
I want to know if you have more songs, but not zeldas songs... :P

Jack

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 9
  • On Sabbatical
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:02:14 PM »
Hi!

You can find 6 hole tabs here:

http://stlocarinaforum.com/index.php?board=41.0

and if you have any requests for tabs - you can post them here

http://stlocarinaforum.com/index.php?board=35.0

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

newberrys

• Getting Better!
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 05:08:16 AM »
 :) ive ordered one of these, cant wait till it gets here.
"There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combination's of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard"
                                                                                                                                                            Sun Tzu 5:7

SMS

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 05:35:07 PM »
I love this ocarina! ;D  Thank you STL. It has such a nice sound. It's very easy to travel. It's a perfect size. Though it's hard to get used to. I play the clarinet too and I'm so use to blow more air when I play the high notes but when I do that the sound gets airy.  :-\ Great ocarina for beginners and for ALL TLoZ fans. ;D

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 04:42:09 PM »
:) ive ordered one of these, cant wait till it gets here.
You will be VERY happy with it the tone is marvelous on the tenor rupee's.

FlawedLegacy

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
  • Officially Addicted to StLOc's
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 08:24:54 PM »
I have been toying with the idea of getting one of these... look sweet for sure!

battle_lolita

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
Dude, it's awesome! I got my soprano and tenor ones yesterday!
 ;D

Phobos

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 17
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
I can't decide between the standard tenor or the rupee tenor version. Any suggestions?

Echoingocarina

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 22
  • ^_^
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 01:01:28 PM »
I can't decide between the standard tenor or the rupee tenor version. Any suggestions?

I don't have either of them, but I like the looks of the rupee tenor better. (I have the zelda shield tenor and I really enjoy that one.) My brother has the plastic 6 hole tenor, it's pretty nice for a plastic ocarina.
Let the music flow from your soul, so that you may play from your heart.