Author Topic: Two Octave Single Chamber Soprano  (Read 11074 times)

ocarinadiva

• Contractor
  • Thanks Recieved: 104
  • Hi I'm Daisy...er, I mean Cris
    • CrisGale.com
Re: Two Octave Single Chamber Soprano
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »
I'm a little confused about it, can someone tell more more about how it gets 2 octaves?  It has and additional sub-hole from the photo.  So how many more notes do I get as opposed to a normal 12?  I get one extra note that would make 2 complete octaves right??

12 hole soprano ocarinas go from A5 to high F7.  This ocarina goes one extra pitch below tonic to G5, which is played by covering the left index sub-hole last, and it also goes one pitch higher to G7, which is played by covering the holes with your right thumb, right middle, and right ring fingers.  The timbre of high G is designed to be very smooth and consistent with the timbre of the other notes, which is something unique to this ocarina.  Because the ocarina is in the key of C, the fifth (dominant) note is G, so being able to play the low, middle and high G allows you to play more songs without having to transpose. 

Besides having an extended range, the ergonomics are excellent, and the tone is very refined and elegant.  It also projects very well for live performance.  I like it a lot.  ;D

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 07:53:15 PM »

Jack

• STL Ocarina Addict
  • Thanks Recieved: 9
  • On Sabbatical
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 10:59:53 PM »
[mod]Overblow note discussion moved here : http://stlocarinaforum.com/index.php?topic=245.0[/mod]
It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

zombiefewd1

• STL's #1 FAN
  • Thanks Recieved: 16
  • Con-busker
    • My Youtube.
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »