Author Topic: My ocarina doesn't sound well  (Read 535 times)

feijackson

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
My ocarina doesn't sound well
« on: July 19, 2016, 06:19:04 AM »
Hello! I 'm new here . My name is Paul and I'm from Vigo, Spain. Could anyone help me with a question?

I just bought a Zelda ocarina to play the songs of game in my house. I received today, it's that you can see in the photo. But I started playing and it sounds much more deep and grave than in the videos I saw. I don't know if my ocarina is damaged or if I bought an ocarina in another tone .
What I can do? Anyone who understands can advise me?

Many thanks.
Paul.

Vaxl

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
Re: My ocarina doesn't sound well
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »
It might be tuned differently, or you might not be breathing into it right. My ocarina on lower notes can completely flip to a different key when I don't give it enough air.

ConfusedYelling

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 02:34:29 PM »
My friend's first ocarina was that exact one. Those ones are tuned very poorly, if at all. Invest in a better one as soon as possible, don't get discouraged!
“Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now.”
― Christopher Paolini

BigC

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 6
  • STL Ocarina #1 MEGAFAN!
    • The STL Ocarina SuperFan Group - An Unofficial STL Fan Group
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »
Plus that one isn't a STL ocarina, if it doesn't have the STL stamp next to the mouthpiece, it is a knockoff. the official one is on the site.
STL Ocarinas I own:
12 Hole Plastic 1.0 Ocarina
12 Hole Plastic 2.0 Ocarina
12 Hole Ceramic Ocarina
And 6 Hole Ceramic Ocarina!

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 131
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »
Yep.  That's one of the ocarinas typically called an Ocarina of Crap. It's definitely not made by STL.  Basically, if it's cheaper than the STL OoT, it's one of the knockoffs. It's safer to just order via stlocarina.com