Author Topic: Looking for...  (Read 663 times)

OcHippie

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
Looking for...
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:27:24 AM »
I can't read sheet music at all, commingled to music late in life. I am looking for tabs for celtic music,  ren fair music, Bluegrass, as well as a few specific songs.
All for Mary's wedding, the Chieftains. Ain true love, Allison Krauss. We found love. Under a violet moon, blackmores night. Go to sleep little baby,  from oh brother where art thou. Strawberry wine. In the arms of the angles, Sarah McLaughlin.

chaos

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
Re: Looking for...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 09:00:01 PM »

glasscs

• Practice Makes Perfect
  • Thanks Recieved: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:35:42 AM »
Yea. Picking up how to read music sheets is a great idea. It will allow you to learn now to play just about anything as music sheets are pretty easy to find. While tabs for lesser known music is hard to find.

Even if you can't read and play smoothly simultaneously , the basic knowledge will allow you to learn tunes you really want to even if kinda slow.

The alternative to that is learning how to play by ear. The disadvantage of this is that until you get much better, you'll only be able to do the tunes you know very well. If you do want to try to play some music by ear, I recommend you watch some basic music theory videos on keys/scales which can eliminate some confusion if you are new to music.

I think it's best to learn both at the same time. One you are tired with one, you can fiddle with the other. Both methods of learning songs will take time to develop, try not to be frustrated and enjoy the process.  :)

I may tab out in the arms of the angle when I do have more time, it is always nice to have something you can play other than the simple songs provided when you bought your oc.

glasscs

• Practice Makes Perfect
  • Thanks Recieved: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 04:18:25 AM »
I just posted the tabs for In the arms of the angel in the 12hole tabs section.