Author Topic: Is there a way to transform 6 how tabs into 12 hole?  (Read 997 times)

Aivearc

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
Is there a way to transform 6 how tabs into 12 hole?
« on: August 05, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »
There's a small song I really want to play, but I'm not skilled enough to transform sheet music into tabs. So is there a way to make 6 hole tabs into 12 hole tabs? (I can only find it in 6 hole form).

Pickle

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 192
Re: Is there a way to transform 6 how tabs into 12 hole?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 05:57:37 PM »
Assuming you are talking about STL's ocarinas, the range of the 6 hole C major ocarina fits into the range of the 12 hole C major. The only way I know to transfer tabs from one format to the other is to learn the fingerings for both ocarinas. By knowing the fingerings for the 6 hole you can identify the notes and then re-tab it for the 12 hole.

If you post a link for the 6 hole tabs you found I can re-tab it for the 12 hole for you.

Aivearc

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 06:43:22 PM »
It's the Russian Folk Song Katyusha, it has a really nice sound. http://ocarinatab.com/ocarina-tabs/katyusha/

Pickle

• STL Ocarina Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:22:55 PM »
http://www.ocarinaforum.com/index.php?topic=3945.0

I end up checking out some sheet music for this song. I liked two versions in different keys, so I decided to tab them both. They are both available in the link. Hopefully one of them will work for you.

Aivearc

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 03:08:41 PM »
I will try them out soon, thanks a lot! This is an off-topic question, but is this forum kind of dead? I haven't got any other replies to my other questions, and it seems as if there have been very few topics posted recently. On the ocarina network, it just simply won't let me post, or practically do anything.

Aivearc

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 03:11:24 PM »
I will try them out soon, thanks a lot! This is an off-topic question, but is this forum kind of dead? I haven't got any other replies to my other questions, and it seems as if there have been very few topics posted recently. On the ocarina network, it just simply won't let me post, or practically do anything.

If you could look at some of my other posts, I would like that. By the way, I applaud the fact that you can make tabs for a song like this so fast. Lot's of music talent. I look up to you for this.

Pickle

• STL Ocarina Guru
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 05:33:12 PM »
Thank you, you are very generous with your praise.  I'm happy to help where I can.

As for the forum, we don't get a heavy amount of posts. We are a fairly small community. When it comes to getting responses, it has a lot to do with getting to know the right sections to post things. Most users will only look in sections that interest them, so when something gets posted in the "wrong" spot it tends to get ignored.

As for your other posts:

Unfortunately I don't know anything about Ted Tseng. This forum is specifically for ocarinas made by STL, so strictly speaking we aren't supposed to discuss other makers. You won't be able to get much information on ocarinas other than STL.

For your request on I am the Doctor, I will look put it on my to-do list but I can't promise anything. Complex songs like that are much harder to fit into the range of the 12 hole.

As for the ocarina network, I think you are only allowed to reply to posts for the first little while? After you have made so many replies you can start creating new threads. It has something to do with foiling spammers. I'm not certain because I'm not an active member there.

GamerMusicianChick

• Thanks Recieved: 118
  • 'I aim to misbehave' ~ Malcom Reynolds
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 02:29:42 PM »
Hai!

To reiterate what Pickle said, it's all about posting in the proper sections. If you have any questions it's better to PM me or another mod, since the only section for basic questions like this is in the parent part of this 'child' forum. This particular section is strictly for tabs that are completed. Due to that I'll be moving this thread to the proper section so you can see the portion of the website I'm referring to.

If you have any other questions please PM me and I can direct you to the proper portion of the forum if I don't know the answer =)
There is no emotion; there is peace
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge
There is no passion; there is serenity
There is no chaos; there is harmony
There is no death; there is the Force