Author Topic: GREAT Product for Breath Control!  (Read 2369 times)

fromordonlikebrennan

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 1
  • ^^^^ Me and my BFF Spoony! ^^^^
GREAT Product for Breath Control!
« on: September 21, 2010, 09:33:01 PM »
I was reading ArcoHarmony's post on good tone production and I noticed that a lot of people were posting about breath control and breathing exercises. Back when I was a flautist, I found an excellent product at the North Texas Flute Festival to help strengthen your lungs just as lifting weights helps strengthen your muscles. It allows you to inhale and exhale against resistance that can be slowly increased in intensity over time. It's called the PowerLung. The difference in my tone while using it was remarkable. I wish I still had my PowerLung, but an athlete friend of mine borrowed it and never returned it (it's a great product for athletes too, you see). I will have to buy another one some time. They are a bit pricey, but trust me, if you've got some extra money set aside and want to develop a deeper, richer and more steady tone, the PowerLung is totally the way to go. If anyone tries one out or knows about it, please tell me how your experience is with it!

P.S. I realize that my post almost sounds like a sale pitch. Just want to clarify that I am in no way affiliated with PowerLung... I just really think it's awesome! Lol
Always,

the fish-loving ocarinist, nestled in the rolling hills of Texas

fromordonlikebrennan

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • ^^^^ Me and my BFF Spoony! ^^^^
Re: GREAT Product for Breath Control!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »
Sorry, I meant to add the link to their website. Here it is!

http://www.powerlung.com/region/us/
Always,

the fish-loving ocarinist, nestled in the rolling hills of Texas

SouthPaw

• Getting Better!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:10:50 PM »
Sounds like a nice product. They have several different versions of it, the 2 I found were $100 and $120, so yeah, not cheap. Thanks for sharing though.

WhiffyBee

• STL Ocarina Dabbler
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
  • Life is random and unfair, life is pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 05:06:28 PM »
I think you saved my life, thank you for posting this.  ;D
Life is dull without music