Author Topic: Help playing A note  (Read 1614 times)

namikaze

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 4
Help playing A note
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »
Does anyone know a creative way of playing the A note on a 12 hole ocarina, if there is one?  The ocarina is my first instrument and the finger I need to lift for the A note isn't strong making the note difficult to play.  If anyone else came across this problem could you please let me know how you got around it?

Also, to the folks who work for STL, I adore my aria, I'm very happy with my purchase! 

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
Re: Help playing A note
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »
It's going to take time to get used to it. If it is a question of strength, then you're gripping the ocarina too hard.  lay your left hand comfortably down flat on a table and just try to slightly lift your ring finger. Now the first time you try this, you're likely to try to muscle it in place.  It isn't about that so much as just learning to control what you already have.   try to gently raise your ring finger.  Treat that as an exercise and just practice it when you can. 

I hope this helps.

namikaze

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:07:49 PM »
Thank you so much ^_^  That really did help!  I also started sliding my finger back rather than lifting it, it helps me grip the ocarina too.  I appreciate the response!

BigC

• Ocarina Performer
  • Thanks Recieved: 7
  • STL Ocarina #1 MEGAFAN!
    • The STL Ocarina SuperFan Group - An Unofficial STL Fan Group
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 02:41:35 PM »
keep practicing! You can do it!
STL Ocarinas I own:
12 Hole Plastic 1.0 Ocarina
12 Hole Plastic 2.0 Ocarina
12 Hole Ceramic Ocarina