Author Topic: My New Website - ABC Music Notation  (Read 1364 times)

Pat Anderson

• Thanks Recieved: 8
My New Website - ABC Music Notation
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:17:03 AM »
All,

TONians,

Please take a look at my new website, ABC Music Notation.  Actually, I could use your help looking at it carefully for mistakes, and for our experts, if I made any boneheaded misstatements or glaring omissions. Please leave a message in the Forum so I will know that somebody has been there!

It was amazingly easy to create this website with Weebly, a free online website creator (and of course there is the usual "upgrade to Pro" option).  I had never heard of Weebly before, but it works pretty well, and from the hits on Google, it seems a lot of universities are use it for student websites. You just drop elements on a blank page and start filling in the content.  Adding pages and subpages is trivial.  Even the Forum was just a couple of mouse clicks and a small amount of typing.  I made no effort at art here.

I did this as much to solidify my own knowledg as for any reason, but I think a lot of people are curious about ABC notation (and it IS time to leave tabs be, learn to read music, for crying out loud), but find the usual serious approach a little intimidating. So this is bare bones but hopefully a bit easier of a read. I send people off to Steve Mansfield's LeSession pages and the ABC standard itself for the full meal deal.

Anyway, I would appreciate a few minutes of your time to take a look!

Pat Anderson

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 132
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
Re: My New Website - ABC Music Notation
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:21:57 AM »
That is quite nice.  I'll try to proofread it later today.

Pat Anderson

• Thanks Recieved: 8
Re: My New Website - ABC Music Notation
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »
Love any and all comments!