Author Topic: Fingering Charts  (Read 4816 times)

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 131
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
Fingering Charts
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:39:40 PM »
You can download fingering charts for STL Ocarinas here. If you can't find what you're looking for, please ask for assistance.

Zeratul

• Ocarinist
  • Thanks Recieved: 37
Re: Fingering Charts
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:43:14 AM »
Can you possibly upload these fingering charts as Adobe PDF files? If these pictures are vector based, their quality would be a lot better if saved as PDF...

- Zeratul

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:06:20 PM »
There are pdf files on the blog somewhere.  I actually got them from there but converted them to images so that they would load faster and wouldn't require bloatware like Acrobat. 

Zeratul

• Ocarinist
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »
The files supplied in the blog are actually just black-and-white scans (though in higher resolution than the pictures above).
So, they aren't vector based graphics as well. I guess I have to make them on my own then. If I finish them, I'll upload them somewhere so everyone can get them. I'll only do the 12 hole and 6 hole ocarinas though (6 hole is the rupee ocarina).

- Zeratul

carboncopymusic

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • I love lamp.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »
Awesome.  Aren't PNG files vectored?  You could post the PNG files, which IMO would be superior to pdfs.

Zeratul

• Ocarinist
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 02:27:37 AM »
I don't believe so. All basic picture file formats I know are pixel-based (bmp, gif, jpeg, png), meaning they have a set resolution which can't be changed (afterwards). According to wikipedia the svg format is vector scaled. I might be able to save svg files with OpenOffice, but since I'm creating my vector based graphics with MS Visio, I don't know wether they can be imported into OpenOffice without any problems (yet).
If I create a whole page of 12-hole tabs and save it as a picture, it is at least 100kB in size. Saved as pdf I can scale it up to any size my printer can handle with perfect sharpness, and the size of the PDF is barely a few 10kB.
I have yet to find a page where I can upload my files...

- Zeratul

P.S.: If you'd like a "sample" I can send you the Tabs I re-made for Saria's Song as PDF (for the 6-hole Zelda Rupee Ocarina) by eMail (send me a private message if you're interested).

TheZelda

• Thanks Recieved: 92
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 07:42:13 PM »
These are all broken. I will pull them off the blog when I get the time tomorrow. This project has been put off, sorry for the inconvenience.

Holu Callouse

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
    • http://www.mmolive.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:09:46 AM »
Nice job, it’s a great post. The info is good to know!

Prodigiousness

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 08:33:46 PM »
Does anyone know where I could find a fingering chart for my 11 hole Wide Range Tenor Ocarina? I've been all over the internet and just can't find one. Any 11 hole fingering charts I find are usually alto flutes, and they'll have eight holes on top--not the case for mine, seven holes on top with the hole pressed on by my right index finger also have a tiny little hole just above it.

navy83girl

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 09:21:44 AM »
If someone could please update the fingering chart list to include a chart for the 6-hole tenor rupee ocarina, I could greatly appreciate it. I noticed in one of the other threads (and from trying to play scales on the one I recently purchased) that a couple of the fingerings are off from other 6-hole ocarinas. I think just B flat and B natural, but there could be others. I'm not sure, which is why I'd like a complete chart. Thank you for your time and help.  :)