Author Topic: Ocarina Tabs Improved? (Creativity!)  (Read 1119 times)

lady.anya

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 6
Ocarina Tabs Improved? (Creativity!)
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »
Hello everyone! ::)
Posting my new revolutionary project - OCAtabs! 8)

Will you agree that common ocarina tabs missing such important things as note duration, song rhythm and pitch (how high or low the note is)?
I always had a dream to invent an extended ocarina tab system. Something that people may use before stepping into the advanced world of sheet music.

So, here’s what I got!

Link for Tumblr people: http://oca-fun.tumblr.com/post/106679205633/ocatabs-jingle-bells-for-6-hole-ocarina
Link for Blogspot people: http://oca-fun.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/ocatabs.html

Could you please let me know what you do think?

9dex9

• STL Ocarina Noob
  • Thanks Recieved: 0
Re: Ocarina Tabs Improved? (Creativity!)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 12:40:38 AM »
Neato! Will you make a 12 hole version?
Hey, I'm new here, but I already found out that I'm good at helping people with images! Send me a private message with a link to the thread and the image that is having trouble being displayed/letters for the fingering composer and I'll get the image to work! :D

lady.anya

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:57:55 AM »
I can, of course, if its needed! :D

Was originally planning to make versions for 4-hole and 6-hole. But I can create 12-hole version as well. Also, I'm going to post some other songs too, make sure you follow my OcaFun! blogs, or its facebook/twitter! 8)

Pickle

• STL Ocarina Guru
  • Thanks Recieved: 187
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
This is pretty nice. It offers a straight forward transition from tabs to sheet music. Sometimes attempts to combine both tabs and sheet music can get cumbersome and hard to read,  but yours looks easy to use. I kind of wish I had something like this to help me when I was at that in-between stage of being tired of tabs, yet not really able to understand sheet music.

lady.anya

• STL Ocarina Noob
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 11:26:51 PM »
Thanks guys, the tabs were redesigned. :)
I've also created some variations, there are now tabs for absolute beginners as well as intermediates.

The link to the new versions are here.

Thanks for checking!